Once your domain is live and your SSL is connected, our development team will be able to set up your site’s Google Locations API Key and Google Social Login capabilities. Sites in “test” mode use our (MPB’s) credentials and keys for the functionality of Google Locations, so now that your domain and SSL are connected, our development team will need to create new keys that will link to your domain.
First, you will need to follow the steps detailed below to create a project, allow our development team access and set up billing.
*** Please note: Your site must be connected to your domain and SSL certificate in order for the development team to set up your Google Locations API Key and your Google Social Login capabilities.
1) First, you will need to create a project within your Google Account.
Log into your Google account and go to: Google Cloud Platform Console
2) Click CREATE
3) Under Project name, enter your marketplace name. You do not need to select an Organization.
Just enter your Marketplace name under Project name and then hit CREATE.
4) In the top right on the next page, you’ll notice a bell icon with a teal load circle.
Once it loads, you’ll see a tool icon next to your project name - click on it.
You will be directed to the Dashboard of your project. This page will look like the screenshot below:
5) From this page, click on ADD PEOPLE TO THIS PROJECT
6) Under New members, enter email@example.com
Under Select a role, hover over Project and select Editor and hit Save.
Now, our development team will have access to your Google Account and will be able to set up your Google Places API as well as set up your Google Social Login capabilities.
Please continue moving forward to complete the next steps detailed below to enable Billing.
The Google Maps Platform provides a $200 monthly free credit to your account and for 99% of sites, the $200 monthly free credit is more than enough to support the site needs. This credit is automatically added to your account every month.
When and if the $200 monthly free credit has been exceeded, you will only pay for what you use. You can review rates and access your spending any time in your Google Cloud Platform Console, where you can also set daily quotas and billing alerts.
Even though the first $200 a month is free, in order for the Google Maps Platform to work on your site, you must create a billing account and add a credit card by following the instructions below.
For more information regarding the $200 monthly free credit, billing details and pricing, please visit the link below:
How to Enable Billing
1) Log into your Google account and go to: Google Cloud Platform Console.
2) Click on the icon on the top left of the screen and select Billing
3) On the following page, select Link a billing account
4) In the pop-up, select CREATE BILLING ACCOUNT
5) Select the country and click to accept the Terms of Service. Click AGREE AND CONTINUE
6) Enter the information in the required fields and enter your payment method.
Click START MY FREE TRIAL to complete.
You’re all set!
Please be sure to advise once you have completed ALL of these steps so our development team can move forward and implement Google Places and Google Social Login capabilities to your site.