*** If you wish to connect your domain and take your site live before the end of the free trial period per the subscription plan you selected when signing up with us, your monthly hosting fees will automatically begin. You must be a monthly paying customer in order to take your site live!***
So you're ready to take your site live and connect it to your domain? That's exciting because that means you're one step closer to becoming the next big marketplace success story! Before you move forward with connecting your domain, please make sure you've completed and read through the following checklist items:
1) Completed setting up your site following the articles and videos in each chapter section below:
2) Completed setting up a Stripe Payments or Stripe Connect account. If you haven't done so, please read the following article: Setting up a Marketplace Payment Processor - If you prefer to add a different payment processor, those details need to be discussed. Please submit a ticket if this is the case.
NOTE: Stripe is setup AFTER your domain is connected and your site is live. Those setup instructions are provided once your domain is connected.
3) Purchased a Domain and SSL Certificate preferably from GoDaddy. If you are not familiar with what a Domain or an SSL Certificate is and why you need it, please read the following article: Domain Name and SSL Certificate
Note: You will need to purchase a brand new SSL Certificate, preferably from GoDaddy for your marketplace site, however all you need is a basic one. We will not be able to connect your marketplace domain to an existing SSL Certificate or one that is tied to a different domain. Even if the SSL Certificate allows for multiple domains, if the SSL is already attached to a domain, it will not work. It must be brand new!
Domain Connection Process
You will complete a series of 3 main steps during the domain connection process. Each step contains its own set of instructions that you will need to follow very carefully. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time and do not rush through this process. Below are the 3 main domain connection process steps:
1) Configure DNS Settings through your domain registrar - DNS controls your domain name's website and email settings. When visitors go to your domain name, its DNS settings control which company's server it reaches out to.
2) Generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) - To request an SSL certificate, you have to generate a certificate signing request (CSR) first. This identifies which server will use your certificate, as well as the domain names you'll use for SSL certificate.
3) Submit domain name and PFX file through your Admin Panel - Our development team will receive these items and will move forward with connecting your domain. Once your domain, SSL and payment processor have been connected, you will be notified via our Help Center.
IMPORTANT: Once you've completed the domain connection process, our development team will manually connect your PFX file for your SSL Certificate and if you've completed setting up your social logins, they'll also connect your Facebook and Google + social login data.
1) Configure DNS Settings
For this first step, we have provided links to instructions for some of the most popular domain registrars below. GoDaddy is our preferred domain registrar because of how simple setup is.
Note that it can take up to 24 hours before these changes work across the internet.
2) Generate a CSR & PFX or P12
Now it's time to set up your SSL Certificate. In this step, you'll generate the CSR (Certificate Signing Request), submit through your domain registrar for approval, then once approved, you'll create the PFX or P12 file.
For Windows users, you'll be generating the CSR and PFX. For Mac users, you'll be generating the CSR and P12.
Click on the link to the instructions that pertain to you:
3) FINAL STEP - Submit Domain Name and PFX
Congratulations! You made it to the final step in the domain connection process. In this step, you will submit your domain name and CSR file to our development team from your Admin Panel.
Once you've submitted these items, if you're also ready for our development team to connect your Stripe Account and Facebook and Google + social login data, please submit a ticket letting us know that you've completed submitting your domain name and CSR and that you would like for your Stripe Account and social login data to be connected as well so we can provide those instructions to our development team.
Please follow the steps below to submit your domain name and CSR.
1) Login to your marketplace site and go to the Admin Panel. Select Custom Domain Submit from the top menu options
2) Enter your domain name under Domain. Click on Choose File and upload the pfx file you saved. Click Submit
3) Click OK on the next screen to complete
NOTE: Your automated email MUST be setup in order for us to receive the domain and PFX submission. Make sure you have complete the steps in the article below, otherwise, we will not receive the submission: