Now we want to make sure your users can use their Facebook login credentials to access your marketplace. This is how we will link your marketplace to Facebook via their social login API.
1) Login to your own Facebook account and go to: Facebook for Developers
2) Click on My Apps on the top right.
3) In the next screen, click on Create App.
4) In the next pop up window you will need to select the app type - select Business.
5) In the next step, enter the name of your marketplace or whatever name you prefer under App Name, your Email Address and the App Purpose where you select "Yourself or your own business", then click Next.
6) In the next window click on Set Up for Facebook Login.
7) Select Web as the platform.
8) In the next screen, enter your site URL and then click Save.
You do not need to continue filling out the rest of the details.
9) Next, from the menu on the left select Roles, then select Roles again.
10) In the next page, click on Add Administrators.
11) Enter the username: dev.mpb.7 and then click Submit. This will add our development team as an administrator to complete the final connection.
*Note: this only gives them access to this particular Facebook App, not your personal Facebook page that you logged in with. You do not have to be Facebook friends in order to add them.
Once you have added our development team as an administrator, their icon should appear under Administrators.
*Note: It will remain as (Pending) until the development team accepts the invite.
12) Once you’ve completed these steps you will need to send us your App ID located at the top right. Copy the App ID and submit it as a ticket through the help desk. Please make the subject line "Facebook App ID" and then include your App ID in the main body of the message. The development team will do the rest when it comes time to connect your domain.